Friday, February 19, 2010

Fava Bean Soup with Mint and Ancho Chile (Feb 19, 2010)


When I was in the Mexican supermarket near my work (picking up ingredients for our tamales) I noticed some interesting dried, peeled fava beans. I found a recipe in Rick Bayless's Mexican Kitchen featuring the beans, so that's what we had for dinner tonight.

I did a web search to see if I could find a copy of the recipe online to share... The first place I checked had Rick's recipe to the teaspoon (and with the exact same recipe name), but was presented as Karen Sonnessa's recipe from Vegetarian Times. The descriptive text (the copyrightable part of a recipe) was worded slightly differently than Rick's recipe, but the ingredients & their amounts were identical.

I'm don't know how the recipe was presented in the magazine, but I sure hope Karen acknowledged that it is a Bayless recipe.

Anyway, we had the soup with roasted potatoes...



And marinated chiles and cheese on top of the soup...



And jicima and corn chips on the side...

No comments:

Post a Comment