Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sandwiched and Seven's Turkish Grill (Saturday, March 20, 2010)

I started the beautiful sunny day with Yoga, brunch at the Whitney Museum and a facial at Mario Badescu with Yumi.  A little belated birthday celebration.

Danny Meyer opened up a temporary cafe at the Whitney called Sandwiched.  It's been getting a lot of press from the time they opened and since we were only a couple blocks away, Yumi and I just had to check this out.  I ordered the "Applewood-Smoked Turkey & Gouda" and Yumi ordered the "Line-Caught Albacore Tuna".  My sandwich was definitely good and hearty - no complaints, but didn't wow me.  Yumi seemed a bit more excited about her sandwich.  She said there was a hint of lemon in her tuna which she liked.

Ethan and I met up in the Upper West Side to watch Avatar so we grabbed an impromptu dinner at a Turkish restaurant called Seven's Turkish Grill.   It was a surprisingly good meal.  I probably wouldn't go out of my way to come back here, but it was definitely satisfying and tasty.  Ethan and I ended up ordering the same thing...I've been on a bit of a sandwich kick.  We ordered the "Special Beyti Kebab" which was ground lamb with garlic, hot pepper, parsley kebab wrapped in lavash bread, served with their special sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment