Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spicy Chicken Thighs with Onions and Cherry Tomatoes (January 27, 2010)

Janet is reading Alicia Silverstone's Kind Diet. It's having us try milk substitutes (we've bought a rice milk and an almond milk to experiment with), vow to buy organic eggs (and not just vegetarian-fed, free-range eggs), and redouble our efforts to eat organic meat.



So we had picked up organic chicken thighs while we were out. We got home late, so I quickly put it into a marinade of gochujong, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and black pepper. I sauteed the chicken, and tossed it together with sauteed onions, grape tomatoes, and scallions and put it into an oven for a bit of baking. It was pretty good for winging it, but I think I can make some improvements next time I make it.

I've been on a broccoli kick, so more steamed broccoli. Also, reheated brown rice & whole grain barley.

1 comment:

  1. Rather than organic beef, look for grassfed beef. (Organic cows are still fed corn.) Lately I've been buying organic milk products (mainly yogurt).

    ReplyDelete