Friday, June 25, 2010

First night in Venice (Sunday June 6, 2010)

We arrived in Venice pretty early in the morning on a Sunday so there wasn't much open yet, but it was great walking around before the rush of tourists flocked the city.

Cafe Latte and Crescent

Pizza with mushrooms and Pizza with anchovy, olives and capers. 

Here are just a few photos of Venice:

In St. Mark's Cathedral

Peggy Guggenheim Museum

Here's my first of many, many gelatos to come.  My favorite flavor was Stracciatella (vanilla with chocolate chips):



For Dinner I ordered pasta with a spicy tomato sauce and Ethan order the pasta with black squid ink.  For our second course we both ordered the Venetian specialty of dried cod with polenta.  







Espresso and Cafe Latte

I was told drinking coffee with milk after breakfast was a big no-no in Italy, unless you're American.  So I ordered my cafe latte with pride. 

Gelato, Gelato, Gelato! This was was vanilla with cherry I think





No comments:

Post a Comment