Friday, June 25, 2010

The Discovery of Spaghetti with Clams (Monday, June 7, 2010)

Breakfast at the hotel.  We stayed at the Ai Du Principi hotel and I was really happy with it.  The rooms were nice and the hotel, was perfectly located just far enough away from the crowds.  If we go to Venice again, I'd probably stay here again.


We decided to go to Murano (glass) and Burano (lace) instead of spending another day in Venice.  Yesterday was a bit too crowded, hot and humid, so taking a day trip to Murano and Burano was a good decision.  For lunch, we ate at one of Rick Steve's recommendations and is where I ate the most amazing spaghetti with clams.  I never order this in the states b/c I never know if I'm getting canned clams or not, but this was truly amazing! We shared the first dish of different types of seafood and for the second course, Ethan ordered a pasta with tomato sauce. 








After lunch, we went to a glass making factory to watch them blow glass into vases.  



We walked around a bit then caught the vaporetto to Burano. Burano really stood out from Venice and Murano because of all colorful buildings.  





In Burano, we stopped to enjoy some wine and an appetizer.






This photo looks pretty gross, but it cracks me up. 


My lunch was so good Ethan and I ordered it again for dinner in Venice.  It tasted better in Murano, but still really good. Dinner was at Al Giardinetto da Severino.  


Tiramisu

No comments:

Post a Comment