Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chicken and Lentils (Sunday, May 9, 2010)

I tried a new recipe from my Indian cookbook.  The recipe looked easy and the photo looked really good....it wasn't that easy and my dish didn't look anything like the photo.  It turned out pretty good, but I don't know if I have the patience to do it again, plus I would have to modify several steps.  The recipe called for 2 cups of lentils but it really only needs 1 cup at the most.  I would probably add the fresh spinach in the last few minutes so that it keeps it's fresh green color.  The recipe called for 1 lb frozen spinach.  I would probably use a 28 oz can of whole tomatoes instead of peeling 4 fresh ones.  I also used pre-cut chicken thighs instead of cutting up a whole 3 lb chicken since I liked the idea of using dark meat.







The garlic naan is from Trader Joe's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment