Monday, April 12, 2010

Macaroni and Cheese (Friday, April 9, 2010)

I was craving mac & cheese....Cecilia's (Ethan's sister) mac & cheese she made once while I was visiting Baltimore.  She used Ina Garten's recipe found on foodnetwork.com.  The interesting part of the recipe is that it calls for fresh tomato slices on top - make you feel like it's extra healthy ; )

I work near Grand Central, so on my way home, I thought I could just stop in the Grand Central Market and pick up the cheese but when I got there I realized they only had Murray's Cheese shop and the 12 ounces of Gruyere cheese the recipe called for would've cost over $30.  I already picked up 4 tomatoes at the market for $9, and thought that this was going to be a very expensive mac & cheese.  So instead, I picked up some cheese at our local market and we used cheddar & swiss.  It was still pretty good, but I still dream of the one Cecilia made.




No comments:

Post a Comment